Cross The Bridge
Please watch this brief movie clip FIRST, then proceed to the questions below. Prepare yourself!
Are you willing to cross the bridge?
(for your own benefit please answer one at a time)
- What part of the Movie Clip impacted you the most? And Why?
- What do you think the meaning of the video was? (seriously think about it)
- Did you ever have anyone sacrifice something big to help you out? How about giving up their life for you?!
- What did you think of the closing verse, that God loved the world so much, that He gave up His own Son for us, so that we could have eternal life?
- If you were to die tonight, where do you think you are going, and why?
- Many people respond to this question by saying "I think I'm going to heaven because I'm a good person." , or some say "I've done some pretty bad things, I think I'm going to hell!" But did you know the Bible says that not one of us is good, not even one?! (Romans 3:10-12,23) If we are all guilty, and God is perfect, how can we possibly earn our way to heaven???
- We are all on that train in the video. We were all going full speed, right off that bridge! But SOMEONE did something to save us! He gave up His Son for us and closed the Bridge! Why??? It must have been absolutely necessary…
- We are all sinners and deserve to be judged by God, according to the Bible. Honestly, is there anyone who has never sinned?!
- Have you ever broken one of the 10 Commandments? The Bible says if you've broken one of them you've broken them all! (James 2:10) This means we are all "GUILTY". (Have you ever lied? Ever stolen? Ever not honored your parents?)
- But Jesus Christ became the "Bridge" for us. He gave Himself up so that we could live in Heaven with God our Father, even though we are guilty! Jesus willingly took upon Himself the judgment for our sins, according to the Father's plan to save us.
- "Did you know that God wants you to go to heaven with Him?" This is the "Good News" of the "Gospel"… for the Bible says "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved…" (Acts 16:31)
In fact, God wants you to KNOW FOR SURE you are going to heaven! Check this out!
1 John 5:12-13
"He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, so that you may know that you have eternal life."
- Want more evidence? Click here to see the Simplicity of Salvation!
- "Would you like to trust in Christ alone to save you?" (not in your own good works, and not in a religion).
- Eph 2:8-9 says " For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast."
- All you have to do is talk to God. Just say "God, Father, right now I realize I'm a sinner, and I realize I can't save myself. I admit I need Jesus as my Lord and Savior. I trust in Him, and that He paid for all my sins. He took my judgment at the Cross, and He rose from the dead as evidence of new life. Thank you for the gift of eternal life! In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen."
- If you have prayed that prayer, between you and God, congratulations! You have crossed The Bridge! You have received "The Great Hope", The Lord Jesus Christ, and you now have eternal life! You are going to Heaven by the grace of God!
- If this challenge to "Cross the Bridge" has helped you, please pass this site on to 2 or 3 friends that may also appreciate this. We live in a crazy world, with little hope for the future. This website is designed to help those without hope!
- Do you go to a church? We need to read the Bible to learn God's plan for our lives. Please get yourself a Bible and visit a Bible-teaching church!
- Visit the below websites if you want to learn more about God's amazing grace! And feel free to contact us with questions at email@example.com.
Visit nccdighton.org for excellent video Bible lessons.